Coaching Programs and Process
Coaching programs offered by My Personal Coach are tailor made for every individual. The content, duration and frequency of the program are mutually determined in the initial appointment. Coaching generally takes place over 6-12 sessions for the duration of 3-12 months and appointments are weekly, fortnightly or monthly. There are three styles of programs to choose from for either personal or professional coaching.
- SHORT-TERM COACHING is for those needing support during a period of transition, needing a breakthrough, discovering and defining self or developing an area of their personal or professional life. Generally this coaching is for 6 sessions over 3-5 months.
- LONGER-TERM COACHING is for people who desire ongoing coaching for 6-12 months or longer. In this style of program the coach provides a continuity of support for longer range goals and life issues and they become more a confidant and an accountability partner. Frequently a person will commence short-term coaching and recognise and appreciate the benefits of the coaching partnership and then continue in this style of coaching program. Often appointments begin fortnightly and after a period of time and then move to monthly sessions.
- ONE-OFF COACHING is for people who need guidance and support through a single issue, opportunity or decision they are facing. These appointments may require more than 1 hour.
Coaching takes place in person, over the phone or through Skype. A regular time and location is mutually agreed upon and appointments are for approximately one hour. The beauty of phone or Skype coaching is that it can take place nationally or internationally, in the comfort of your own home or office, and time is not wasted getting to and from appointments. On the other hand, if you live in Sydney, Australia, the face to face contact is personal and powerful. This coaching can be in a quiet cafe, your office, at home or even outside in a park. If we do meet in a cafe, it’s my shout to a coffee or beverage. Between sessions you may have ongoing contact through email communication.
The first session is a time where the coaching relationship is established and specific goals are set. A brief overview of your life will be discussed. Most importantly, where you are now and where you want to be in the future will be determined…along with the steps, pathways and hindrances to getting there. The proceeding sessions are focused on personal and professional growth as you move forward to achieving your goals.
As a coach, Amanda recognises that your answers and your future already lie within YOU! Throughout your coaching experience she will help you identify these answers and support you to make significant life changes by using different tools, techniques and resources. Examples are:
- Solution focused approach
- The GROW model
- Effective questioning (open, probing, hypothetical, reflective questions)
- NLP techniques (anchoring, reframing, perceptual positions)
- Personality and temperament profiling
- Mind mapping techniques
- Wheel of life (life balance checklist)
- Self assessment questionnaires (to identify core purpose, passions, values, beliefs)
- Business or project development plans
- Time and stress management tools
- Informative resource files
- Goal setting templates
Coaching costs differ according to the length of each session and the number of sessions in a program. Additional factors which determine the cost is your location and whether coaching will take place face-to-face, or via phone or Skype. In general a coaching session will range from $110 – $160 an hour. Coaching packages are available, for 6, 9 or 12 sessions. Prices are incremently reduced, the greater the number of sessions or staff in a program and if upfront payment takes place. In an initial phone call or appointment the number of sessions will be mutually determined based on what an individual wants to attain in the coaching partnership and to achieve whilst being coached.